Picture of the RPCC school
Picture of stack of books
SearchNew Campus – Coming Spring 2014
Current Students > Disability Accommodations > Applying for Accommodations

Current Students

Applying for Accommodations

Students seeking accommodations for a qualifying disability must self-identify and register with the Office of Counseling Services. To initiate the registration process, students must complete the following steps:
1. Provide current and comprehensive documentation of the disability(ies).
2. Complete a documentation cover sheet.

The above information must be submitted to:
Director of Counseling Services
River Parishes Community College
925 West Edenborne Parkway
Gonzales, LA  70737

PO Box 2367
Gonzales, LA  70707

Helpful notes regarding documentation and accommodations:
  • To ensure that documentation is both current and comprehensive, please review the documentation guidelines on pages 8-15 of the handbook.
  • While an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan can provide valuable information, it will not serve as documentation of a disability. Evaluation by a qualified professional with expertise in the area of your disability is required. For more information on what constitutes a "qualified professional," please refer to the documentation guidelines on pages 8-15 of the handbook.
  • Please note that accommodations are not retroactive. Thus, students cannot receive accommodations until the Office of Counseling Services has received and reviewed the required registration materials and made a determination as to reasonable accommodations. With this in mind, it is in a student's best interest to submit all required materials in a timely fashion so that the College has ample time to review these materials, determine eligibility, and make necessary arrangements. For most accommodations, it is sufficient to submit these materials two weeks prior to the start of the semester. For accommodations that may take more time to arrange (e.g., communication facilitators, books on tape, etc.), at least six weeks notice should be given.
  • Documents required by RPCC's Office of Counseling Services may not be sufficient at other colleges/universities or testing agencies.
For complete information about policies, procedures, and resources for students with disabilities, please see the RPCC Handbook for Students with Disabilities.